Normally any travel insurance Kenya policy, it does offer cover for a traveller’s main trip concerns such as trip cancellations, medical emergencies, travel delays, and lost luggage. In most cases travel insurance policies are built to be comprehensive to insure travellers from a variety of events that may result in a financial loss before or while on their trip.
When Travel Insurance covers you Medical & Emergency Assistance
If you get sick or injured while traveling abroad, most domestic health insurance plans, likely won’t extend coverage overseas. However, medical and medical evacuation benefits are built into most travel insurance Kenya policies, and can cover you in multiple countries while you’re traveling.
These are the main travel medical insurance benefits:
- The Cover Offers your Personal Medical Assistance;
These includes dispatch of medication and general medical information
- The cover also offers you Emergency Medical Transportation and Repatriation
o Transport of a person due to the hospitalisation of the insured
o Stay of a person due to the hospitalisation of the insured.
o Transportation or repatriation of the accompanying insured
The travel insurance policy also covers the following expenses while on abroad;
Medical Expenses such as;
- First medical assistance while abroad
- Dental expenses incurred
- Pharmaceutical expenses and also include medical expenses after the return to the country of origin.
With Travel Insurance Policy, Trip cancellations, Trips Delays, Trip Curtailment, Personal Accidents & Personal Liability woes are covered
Definitely if you love travelling a lot, the number one reason to buy travel insurance Kenya cover is for financial protection in case you can’t take your trip. Actually, with trip cancellation coverage, one can comfortably protect all of her/his prepaid and non-refundable trip expenses.
Trip Cancellation can refund your trip expenses if you cancel your trip before leaving for a reason covered by your policy.
Trip Delays reimburses unused trip expenses;
- Indemnity due to the transport departure delay
- Missed connections
- Missed departure
Trip Curtailments The cover will offer you;
- Your trip curtailment expenses incurred
- Early return expenses due to serious family matter
Personal Accidents Coverage These includes the following;
- Accidental death on means of transport while on abroad
- Permanent Accidental disability on the means of transport
Personal Liability Coverage
The cover will offer you;
- Personal liability due to physical damage to third parties while on your trip
- Legal defence not traffic
- Deposit for legal costs and expenses
- Personal liability due to material damages to third parties
BUY GA INSURANCE SMART TRAVEL PRODUCT ONLINE
How to Make a GA Travel Insurance cover Claim?
If an accident occurs under any of the guarantees described in the benefits schedule, then the insured should in the shortest time possible contact the 24/7 International Helpline on the following numbers:
+448452171379 From outside UK
Direct assistance email: email@example.com
Refund assistance email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By dialling the emergency numbers, you will be prompted to provide;
- Passport or identity card number
- Policy number
- Full name of the injured and principle insured
- Cause of the call
- The place you are located (Hotel/City/Address/Phone Number)
For non-emergency medical and other claims, you will need to complete a claim form as soon as possible after the incident has occurred or within 31 days of your return to your home country. The form must be accompanied with relevant invoices, travel documents and any other details to be sent to GA Insurance offices.
The opinions expressed in this publication are those of the author. The full information of the cover is contained in the policy document. The designations employed in this publication and the presentation of material therein do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of GA Insurance concerning the legal status of any country, area or territory or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers.